Performing Arts Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate an outstanding talent in theatre.
A student who receives a Performing Arts Scholarship in theatre must maintain an active presence in the Department of Theatre and realize a 2.8 grade point average or better. The department will monitor the scholarship recipient’s theatre activities each year. Continued active engagement is expected.
How to Apply
Electronic submissions only. To be considered, please provide the following:
- Cover letter briefly expressing your interest in theatre. This letter should include your complete name, address, phone number, email address, and birth date.
- Resume or list of your theatre experience.
- One letter of recommendation from a theatre teacher or director **
- A short statement describing your interest in theatre and an objective narrative about your qualifications for the scholarship.
- ALL materials requested in the guidelines below.
Guidelines According to Area of Interest:
Submit the following material to help illustrate your acting ability.
- Videotape two contrasting monologues, memorized, which total no more than four minutes in length. Material should be of good literary quality, suited to your age and experience and it should be more active than narrative.
- Provide a video link for the two audition monologues. Acceptable formats include (but are not limited to) YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Video links to outside performances will not replace the two contrasting monologues requirement and are not necessary.
Applicants may have experience in multiple technical areas. Please select your strongest area for submission consideration, and provide the following requested material.
- Play bills listing your technical theatre credit. (Entire playbill not required).
- Images of your technical drawings, light plots, costume sketches, make-up designs, set designs, etc. ***
- Images of costumes, sets, lighting, makeup, etc. that you created. ***
- Stage manager's prompt books, assignments, etc. Choose a 10 page representative selection of one show that highlights your strength in a selected area, and a list of other related work.
The deadline for scholarship applications is February 3, 2018.
- To be considered for any scholarship, you must first submit an official application to Lehigh University's Office of Admissions by January 1. For more information, please visit www.lehigh.edu/apply.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? E-mail email@example.com or call the Admissions Office at 610-758-3100.
- **Letter or Recommendation - Applicants, please instruct your recommender to email his/her letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line should read: Performing Arts Scholarship Recommendation -(Your Name) and attach the letter.
- ***Images – We request that all images are sent in JPEG or JPG format. Slide show is preferred, but not required.